Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pillow Talk


Well, let me just start off by saying that last week, I was asked to step "outside the box." I had just left my doctors appointment and received a call from a number that I didn't recognize. This isn't completely unusual on my cell phone. I answered and it was the small group coordinator from the church. He started off by saying, "Brandi, I need a favor". Okay, what could that be? He continued by asking me if I was aware of the new series the pastor was beginning this weekend at the church. "Pillow talk", I asked. Yep, that's the one!! Pillow talk is a new series that began last week...everything you need to know about sex and marriage. He continued by telling me that he was looking for couples to interview and he knew that Tim and I would be perfect for this. I was speechless!!!!! I immediately felt my face getting hot and a just continued to listen because I didn't know what to say. He continued by saying that the media team at the church was discussing couples that would work for this and he said that they knew we would be perfect. The only thing I could say was..."Uh, uh, well, ummm, I, well....you should probably call Tim and ask him" (and I was praying that Tim would have the perfect excuse for us NOT to do this). He began hysterically laughing and then preceded to tell me that they only needed us to do a little clip to preface the sermon. All we had to do was follow the script. So, we did! Here is the clip if you would like to see.


When we got to the church, we found out that we were going to a "remote" location to shoot this clip. Lance told us we had to ride with him there so we wouldn't bail out last minute. So, we ended up at a sweet ladies house to shoot this adventure. (Not to mention her 13 year old son had to hold the mic during the shoot). It was quite the adventure!!!
We had several people attend the service with us on Sunday! You really should check out the sermon. If you want to, go to www.newspring.org. I am sure that the latest sermon has been uploaded by now. It is going to be a great series and we are looking forward to hearing the message the next 4 weeks.

5 comments:

kcaimee said...

I love it - my superstar friends! You guys did a great job. I'm impressed with both of your acting skills.

Whimsey said...

Way to go; love the clip!!!

kcaimee said...

Brandi-Lou,
You need to enter the giveaway. BE A FOLLOWER! I am adding some cute stuff to the prize package...
:-) Aimee

kcaimee said...

Another prime example of why I'm pretty sure I have A.D.D. Yes, you are a follower and yes, I am a complete moron.

deepak said...

very nice <a href="http://www.motivation456.com/christmas-day/christmas-eve.html>christmas-day/christmas-eve</a>