Thursday, April 17, 2008

7 things you may not know about me...

7 things you may not know about me...

I have been tagged by Jennifer (whom I've never met), to come up with 7 things you may not know about me. Since I've never met Jennifer, it would be easy to come up with 7 things she doesn't know about me but since I am pretty boring, it might be difficult coming up with 7 things that the people who know me don't know about me... I'll give it a shot!

1. I would love to be a professional photographer and learn photoshop. It may sound a little morbid but I would love to be able to do newborn berevement photography and birth photography. We would of used a berevement photographer if we would of known one when we lost our son Karston. This is something that I have thought a lot about over the past 4 years and recently realized that there is acutally an organization called "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" that offers these services. When reading the blog of Angie Smith (Bring the Rain), I found that NILMDTS is an organization that provides these services. Check out her blog sometime... She is an amazingly strong woman of faith that lost her daughter a couple of weeks ago.

2. I was born in Fort Hood, Texas but grew up in Lamont, Oklahoma. I went to a very small school and graduated with 14 in my class. I had a great childhood growing up in such a small town with all my cousins within walking distance to play with whenever we wanted. I'm really not even sure if my mom knew where I was all the time but that was in different times. As long as I was home by the time the street lights came on, everything was okay. I barely even let my kids out of the house without me.

3. I would have 10 kids if my husband would comply... I love my boys to pieces but would love to have another baby (maybe a girl?!?! or another boy would be fine too!).

4. I absolutely hate roller coasters or any amusement park rides. I can stomach the ferris wheel barely. I hate heights!!!!!!!

5. I had a really bad car wreck when I was 14 years old and totaled my dads truck and sent the passenger to the hospital with a severe concussion. However, it never effected me getting my license (An advantage growing up in a small town). The only trouble I got into was at home.

6. My plan for a career was to obtain my degree in Music Therapy. After 2 years of school and totally "in love", I got married and changed my focus to Human Resource Management. Big mistake! Not the getting married part, the changing my degree.

7. In 1993 I was Miss Deer Creek - Lamont and competed in the Miss Cinderella Pageant. I actually placed in the top 10 and won a scholarship in the talent competition.

1 comments:

kcaimee said...

Dear Miss Deer Creek,
I love the song you have on here, "New Soul". Where do you find these great songs? You are good at it!
Your Friend,
Spinach-Eater,
Aimee