Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter



























Easter Sunday, we drove to Oklahoma for the day. We had a fish fry with all the family. It was a great day. It is such a comfortable feeling being with everyone. The kids all played and ran around. We always have the best food. It is always a great time. After lunch, we filled and hid the Easter eggs. I should of taken a picture of how many eggs there were. Each year, there is always more and more. We were at JJ and Kevin's house this year. They just built a beautiful new house east of Lamont. They had a lot of room to hunt eggs, just not much to hid them behind. It didn't matter, they still had a ton of fun. Kamden and Hannah had to empty their baskets and go back for more.
The bigger kids had been riding 4-wheelers all day. I had to be the mean mom because I don't allow Kadyn to ride. They scare me to death! I know that when I was a kid we were crazy on the 3-wheeler but as a mom I know too much now. I just remember at the beginning of his Kindergarten year, one of the girls in his class was killed in a 4-wheeler accident. It was a sad, sad time. Anyway, I felt so bad because everyone else was getting to ride... so, I caved and he got to drive slowly where we could see him. After a couple of turns, I could see that he was already becoming more confident. I went inside. There is a path through some trees and a little drop that they were riding through over and over. He lost control and the handle bar caught a tree and threw him around a little bit. The handle bar jabbed him in his side and he scrapped up his shin pretty good. Thank goodness he was alright. I think he was more scared that I was going to be mad at him.
I have say, I nearly had a heart attack when I heard there was an accident. Being a parent is the hardest, stressful yet most rewarding job there is. I love my boys so much that it scares me! The thought of them getting hurt just about kills me!
Anyway, I took lots and lots of pics on Sunday. We even had a little photo shoot with Haley's dog Jackson. He was so cooperative, sunglasses and all. The little kids had a lot of fun playing outside and with the animals. Chase, the cat was very cooperative too. I know that he got put in a choke hold more than a few times. Here are the pics. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you guys came down for Easter. My kids had soooo much fun. They are already planning the next party....burning the brush pile. You guys will have to come and roast some hotdogs and marshmallows.

The kids must have missed some eggs, because the dogs are still bringing them up on the porch:)

J.J.