Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to School, etc.






We started back to school Wednesday, August 13. I think Kadyn was ready. I know that I am ready for the routine. Kamden was sad that his brother isn't here to play with him all day. Kamden and Hannah are getting some good playing time in lately.


As usual, there is lots going on. We had a baseball tournament this weekend and took 2nd place. It is so fun to watch. The boys are really connecting and we are moving in to Fall ball (kid pitch). We played 4 games on Saturday. It sure makes a long day for Kamden and the other little siblings. But all in all, it is a good time!


A little more news (if you haven't already heard), we are expecting a baby in March! We have been so busy lately, and I have been so exhausted and not feeling so great. These feelings all started when we went to a funeral out of town. I thought I was just getting car sick (from my brothers driving). I had a terrible headache and just felt like I might have the stomach flu. One of the baseball boys had it and then a few days after the funeral, Kadyn got it. Well, I got it (I think or thought). No one else in our family got sick. So, after the flu, I never felt better. A week later, we were preparing meat for our baseball team party and I kept telling Tim that I couldn't stand the smell of the meat. After smelling it for two days, I couldn't take it any longer. That evening at the party while everyone else was eating the meat, I couldn't even stand to watch. I told him that night that we had to go get a test and sure enough...It was positive!!!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations!!!! We hadn't heard yet. Should I be praying for a girl?!?!

Brandi said...

Sure! We would love to have a little girl!!!! But either way we will be thrilled. Healthy is really what we are praying for!

kcaimee said...

Yay...she's back!! I can't wait to snuggle & sniff baby Smith (boy or girl!).

kcaimee said...

Don't be too disappointed about missing the Diet Coke & Mentos experiment. There's a reason you don't see any good pictures of it...It was a dud. Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to use bottles of Coke that were over a year old...

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! We will be praying for you. Our little boy is due any time now. We'll keep you posted :)

MarkandPaige said...

We had no idea there was going to be another Smith. Congrats! We are so happy for you!